Tuesday 19 March 2019

Kimhékim's runway presentation in Paris: Ready-to-wear 2020

KIMHÉKIM's ready-to-wear collection for Fall Winter 2020 features smart tailoring and suiting shapes, as well as street-style aesthetic with a nod to his Korean roots.  Note the asymmetric cuts, fitted as well as generous silhouettes, in a range of fabrications.



“ If one asks me about my new collection, I will say it is all about ‘me’, who I am and what makes me. I say or mention the word ‘me’ more than uncountable times per day, ‘Text me’, ‘Give me’, ‘Love me’… what really defines me ?" says the designer Kiminte Kimhekim.
In fact the name Kimhekim is of ancient royal family in Korea and it symbolizes the era of a golden kingdom.


This catwalk presentation is referred to as the "Renaissance of the Golden Kingdom -  Enrichment of the decorative art" whereby he enhances women’s silhouette with experimental elements.

The new elegant collection represents the brand’s signature silhouette indicating the designer's passion through details, feminine references and sophisticated finishes.












The designer Kiminte Kimhekim graduated from the notable Paris fashion design institute of Studio Berçot in 2009 and went straight to work at the prestigious fashion house Balenciaga in Paris.  He worked there for 4 seasons crossing between the studio and the atelier and learned the importance in the approach and the attitude and mentality of an artisan.
KIMHEKIM has presented in Paris since 2014 and has expended into the global market, 
receiving high praises from buyers and the social media.  



No comments:

Post a Comment