Friday 7 July 2017

Jewellery and Body Ornaments from ABE by Ariane Chaumeil

Beauty and eternity are the meaning of my work. From them is born the collection « PAST TO PRESENT » 

ABE is by Ariane Chaumeil, a glasswork artist who makes jewellery and body ornaments with distinctive techniques: melting glass, sawing, bending, and welding metal, linking metal to form meshes as if she's working with a piece of fabric, and crafting with feathers; Ariane creates an antique look for her Autumn/Winter 2017/18 collection shown last week during Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week.


As she reflects, "I love this freedom of speech! So many years for reaching it… since my childhood; the thirst of discovering, the curiosity brought to me (from) so many artistic experiences, my first kind of intimate expression. I admire so much the perfection of masterpieces, the transcendence of freedom of speech, the beauty…

"Like many of my peers, my goal is to discover the world, to show my vision of the beauty and of the poetry through my creations. This is an introspection, and also a free interpretation of the world around," according to Ariane Chaumeil in Paris last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment