Wednesday 15 April 2015

Elegant African Print Dresses launched by Sasaako

A new limited edition Spring/Summer 2015 collection of African print dresses is elegant yet captures the spirit and colour of the African continent.  Having been to Kenya and South Africa myself, the prints pleasantly conjure up images of the sights and sounds of the colourful cultures I had encountered there.
 

Under the brand Sasaako, the collection is designed by British-Ghanaian Designer, Aba Sasaako, and made in London with materials sourced via sustainable and responsible methods, according to the designer.  The range features a contrasting mix of prints from strong geometrics to florals. 
 

The collection features two key dress shapes – a midi shift dress and a gathered v-necked dress. These simple feminine shapes give a distinctly grown-up feel to the playful ethnic prints.
 

Aba says “Having worked on a bespoke basis for the last 10 years with my clients, I know there’s a discerning customer out there who really appreciates wearing something flattering and elegant but also playful and bold. And with African prints really making a splash in the mainstream I strive to create something a little different and exclusive to meet that need for uniqueness.”
Sasaako was founded in 2004 by Aba whose vision for her label was simple: to create a distinctive range of fashion and interior products that represent a fusion of contemporary design and African textiles with a strong ethical ethos at the heart of the business.  Aba explained that the label has a real bespoke, tailor-made feel to it, with each dress being made in quantities of six pieces or fewer, and featuring hand-finished detailing.

Aba Sasaako says:
“The limited availability is as much a part of the brand as the beautiful prints themselves. My dresses are for women who want to stand apart from the crowd and enjoy their individuality. I work with fabrics from my own collection, prints that I’ve acquired on my travels and have been given. Each print is special and my customers tend to be women that are looking for something unique and eye catching.”

No comments:

Post a Comment